Our aim with Prep is to ensure each and every student thrives and cannot wait to come to school each day. To achieve this we have put a number of programs in place and supported by very special people, skilled educators and caring senior students, makes both students and parents feel confident.
Our Commitment to you and your child starts with our extensive Prep Orientation Program which happens the year BEFORE your child starts Prep. Our unique program is aimed at ensuring your child feels warmly welcomed and ready for Prep and we fully understand their individual characters. This involves:
- Opportunities throughout the year to tour Prep and the school including learning areas up to Year 10
- Taste of Prep Sessions: Prep students and their families are grouped with a staff member to understand themed activities and locations that students will encounter
- Interview Appointments
- Kindergarten Visits where Prep teachers will visit incoming Prep students at their kindergarten for observation
- Transition afternoons and mornings
- Full Orientation Day
- The introduction to a student Buddy
Our Prep Students begin their school years in the Victoria Wing and utilise many of our school facilities throughout their days. The Prep Curriculum is broad and includes: Literacy, Languages, the Arts, including Music, Numeracy, Humanities, Science, Sport and Christian Studies. We follow the Australian Curriculum Framework and the IB Learning by Inquiry approach to encourage a comfort with and thirst for learning.
Each Prep class is matched with a Year 5/6 Buddy Class. This much anticipated role ensures our Preppies begin school with enthusiastic, welcoming and positive role models. It enables our older students to give back and repay-in-kind the service done for them when they were Preppies. Plus, it gives them a great opportunity to develop mentoring and leadership skills. Nurturing the faith, growing in knowledge, and acting with honour takes on real meaning through this special bond.
Partners in Print
Partners in Print is a highly-valued literacy program offered annually for our Prep parents. This engaging and hands on program prepares and empowers parents to support their children at home to become successful readers and writers.