Trinity Lutheran College is one of only 15 Middle Schools* in Victoria to offer the four-year IB Middle Years Programme (MYP), providing our students with a globally developed and recognised education that emphasises intellectual challenge.
The MYP discipline areas enable each student to explore specific knowledge and skills while developing inquiry and higher order thinking skills. Research shows that an IB education delivers educational advantages with IB students outperforming non-IB students in critical academic skills.
Students will identify connections between what is being studied; how it can be applied in an authentic context; and be challenged to take meaningful action in the local or global community.
The IB Middle Years Programme has:
- Rigorous learning objectives
- A student-centred approach
- International perspectives – understanding what it means to be internationally minded through a curriculum that promotes multilingualism, intercultural understanding and global engagement.
- Concern for the development of the whole child
- A focus on learning how to learn – acquiring skills to help them manage their own learning and provide a foundation for success in the world beyond the classroom.
- Action and Service – students participate in local and global communities which drives clear learning outcomes.
The MYP focus on independent learning makes it the ideal preparation for the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), vocational education or any other further studies in Year 11 and 12.
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) comprises eight subject groups and approaches that are delivered within our curriculum:
- Language acquisition
- Language and literature
- Individuals and societies
- Sciences (including STEM)
- Physical and health education
*As at 2021.