An Academic Extension Program is offered for students wanting to develop skills in particular areas, wanting greater challenges or wanting to pursue particular interests. Teachers work with students in lunch breaks and after school to set challenges and provide guidance where needed. All involved find these challenges fun and rewarding. Trinity are pleased to offer academic extension opportunities for students to explore, extend and thrive.
Our extension program includes:
- Clubs for Chess, Science and Lego
- Various tournaments: Tournament of the Minds
- Digital Tech Interest groups
- National & State Competitions: the full suite of ICAS assessments, debating competitions, Language Perfect, Premier’s Reading
- Twilight @ Trinity IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Middle Years Programme (MYP) Learning Expos to promote their work to other IB schools around the world
- Participation in the annual Mildura Eisteddfod
- Secondary after school homework club
- Student leadership opportunities through Student Representative Council activities
- Science Week and Book Week activities
- For Year 10 students Off campus program in addition to their year 10 studies at Trinity.