Trinity Lutheran College affirms the worth and dignity of all individuals in its community. We uphold this belief on the basis that all are created in the image of God and that all are embraced by God’s love. The ministry of Jesus Christ gave respect to all people irrespective of class, race, gender or status.
We, therefore, believe all members of the College community have an equal right:
- to be treated fairly by fellow students and staff (and therefore we show respect for each other)
- to feel safe and secure (and therefore we treat each other with kindness and support)
- to learn, and grow towards their full potential (and therefore we will support and encourage each other in our work)
- to feel valued, accepted and cared for as unique individuals (and therefore we will listen to each other, encouraging self-expression, and we will accept each other as we are)
- to have their own property (and therefore we will respect and protect the property of others)
This belief is enacted in our Valuing Community Policy which seeks to uphold a person’s wellbeing, self-confidence, work and relationships with others. Bullying, harassment and discrimination can affect this, are contrary to the values of a Christian Community and totally against the College’s ethos. This policy applies to all members of the Trinity Lutheran College community, serving as a guide to help us honour others and Act with Honour at all times.
Our Discipline that Restores Policy applies to student behaviour within the college grounds and classroom, when representing the college in public and on camps, tours and school excursions. Belonging to the Trinity Lutheran College community means endorsing reflective, positive and restorative practices that support relationship building and allow for the resolution of issues in a responsible manner.
Our Grievance Policy for Parents and Guardians provides parents and guardians with an opportunity and framework to lodge a complaint and provide an avenue to facilitate a resolution. As always, we are committed to creating a safe environment for all members in our community.