The key role of the Trinity Lutheran College Board of Directors is governance; ensuring the ongoing viability of the school, and maintaining the strategic direction of the College.
The Board consists of:
- Directors from Holy Trinity Lutheran Congregation (HTLC)
- Directors from other Christian churches
- Consultants as required
- HTLC Pastor
- Business Manager
The Governance Role of College Council
The College Board Constitution details their powers and functions. The Constitution also provides the Board Directors power to delegate operational duties to the Principal who reports to Board.
The Board are responsible for the College Governance which includes:
- Appointing and reviewing the Principal, providing ongoing support and direction
- Determining and implementing the College’s key values, principles and ethos
- Setting strategic plans and major directions for the College
- Ratifying College policies and practices
- Ensuring compliance with legal obligations
- Monitoring adherence to systems of and assessing risk management
- Approving and monitoring College budget
- Reviewing the College’s financial and Board performance
- Interfacing with the College community
Trinity Lutheran College Mildura Ltd is a not for profit company limited by guarantee which is established to be, and to continue as, a Charity.
The College and its Board are well supported by the national office of Lutheran Education Australia (LEA Ltd) and the regional office of Lutheran Education Victoria, New South Wales, Tasmania (LEVNT Ltd) which is its sole member.
Trinity Lutheran College is also a member of the Independent Schools Victoria (ISV).
The Annual Report informs parents and the wider school community of the school’s successes, activities and achievements throughout the year. It forms a public record of highlights, challenges accountability and financial management. The latest annual reports are available below.