Primary School learning at Trinity is undertaken in a nurturing yet challenging environment in which each child’s strengths are valued and developed. With a wonderful mix of both male and female teachers, our primary students have the opportunity to develop a rapport with and learn from fabulous educators.
Students at Primary School receive a broad and thorough education as our Curriculum:
- is mapped to the IB PYP Framework
- meets Australian and Victorian Curriculum requirements for aligning content, understanding, skills and standards, and
- draws on the Lutheran Education Australia Christian Studies Curriculum Framework for all year levels.
It is created in this way to ensure that our students and their families can truly engage in and benefit from a world class education right here in Mildura. We are conscious that we are raising young global citizens who will need to be able to get on in a world that is rapidly changing. Through our faith we are committed to educating children so they can live and lead with love and compassion.
Our intent is that the outcome of their education will be the fulfilment of our mission.
Aside from a highly focused curriculum, our Primary Students get to enjoy:
- School Camps
- a host of Co-Curricular activities from Academic Extensions to Performing Arts and much more
- Christian Studies
- Pastoral Care programs
Primary Years Curriculum
All students from Prep to Year 6 cover the following core domains with their classroom teacher:
- Digital Technology
- Health & Personal Development
- Christian Studies.
In addition, students at Trinity Lutheran College benefit from having specialist teachers in a number of subjects from a young age.
These subjects are:
- The Arts (Visual & Performing)
- Language Other Than English (LOTE)
- Physical Education
- Library and Inquiry Research Support
Students engage in a study of Chinese from Prep and are introduced to Italian from Year 5.
An extensive co-curricular program is also available to our primary school students.